The Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the United States. It was co-founded by Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank, Ron Brill, and Pat Farrah in 1978. It sells tools, construction products, and services. The company is headquartered at the Atlanta Store Support Center in unincorporated Cobb County, Georgia, United States. It operates many big-box format stores across the United States (including all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam), all 10 provinces of Canada, and the country of Mexico.
If you are not happy with the product what you have bought, then you can return it or exchange it at any Home Depot. Also, you will get your money back instantly after returning the product. But, they are few exceptions in Home Depot Return Policy. In this post, we have updated the information related to Home Depot Return Policy. Check the further details in the below section.
Home Depot Return Policy:
Any product or item purchased at Home Depot must be returned within 90 days of purchase. If you have made your purchase with The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge, or The Home Depot Commercial Account, then you can receive a full refund within 365 days from the date of purchase. Before returning the item, make sure that you have a copy of your receipt or shipping confirmation email or credit card you used for the purchasing the item and a valid ID card (such as driver’s license or government-issued photo identification). After verification, you can simply return the item or exchange it for something else.
Items must be returned with all components for a full refund. If you are missing your receipt, then you must visit the Home Store store where you made the purchase. They may find the details in their system. Receipts for purchases made with a credit or debit card or by check can be found in their system within 90 days of your purchase. Receipts for purchases made with The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge, or The Home Depot Commercial Account can be found in their system within 365 days of your purchase. The amount will be refunded to a Store Credit if you made the purchase with a gift card or a Store Credit.
Home Depot Return Policy – Online Returns
You can return the purchased item at Home Depot store or at its online website. For returning the item to the store you need to have a receipt along with the valid ID card. For an online return, you just need to click on this link and fill in the required details. If your order is eligible for online return, you will receive a shipping label via email. You need to print and attach it to the item and then you have to drop it off your return item at the UPS Store or Dropbox. For more assistance call at 1-800-430-3376. A customer support associate will provide the information whatever you need.
Home Depot Return Policy – Exceptions
1. The following items should be returned within 30 days of purchase:
- Area Rugs
- Generators (other than Whole House and Stationary Generators)
- Gas Powered Equipment and Tractors
- Consumer Electronics (Televisions & Computers)
2. Major appliances like refrigerators, washers, dryers, ranges, dishwashers, and microwaves should be verified by the customer before accepting the delivery. If found any defect or damage, customers must refuse the delivery or they must report to The Home Depot within 48 hours of the delivery day by calling (800) 455-3869.
3. Products that use flammable liquids/gases or other hazardous materials (such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc) should be returned to your local Home Depot store. For safety hazards, items that use flammable liquids or gases cannot be returned through the mail.
4. Perennials, trees, and shrubs come with a 1-year guarantee. If you received a damaged plant, contact Customer Support at 1-800-430-3376 within 3 days of delivery. And they will ship a replacement at no charge. You need to note that this policy does not apply to cut flowers or floral arrangements.
5. If you received the order which is damaged or incomplete or is in need of replacement parts, contact Customer Support at 1-800-430-3376 within 30 days of delivery for a quick resolution.
6. Returns made without a valid sales receipt may be refunded as a Store Credit at the lowest advertised price.
7. Cash and cash equivalent purchases exceeding $1,000 may be refunded by check sent from The Home Depot’s corporate office.
8. Special Order returns or cancellations may be subject to a 15% restocking fee and must be returned to the same store where the purchase was made.
We hope that this information is useful to you. If you have any questions or doubts regarding this post, let us know through your customer feedback at Home Depot survey on our official survey website.
Thanks for visiting our site:)